Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John John is offline

Default Pen turning

In message 2009022400095616807-marshalljones@carolinarrcom, mtjones
writes
How do pens sell, generally? Any tips for selling them? Do light or
dark wood sell better? Exotics versus domestics?

MJ

Someone gives you money you take it and give them the pen

If anyone knows which woods sell better its unlikely they will tell you,
they have found a niche and probably don't want to loose it

With pen turning you can do fancy plain big small thick thin, a million
and one species let alone finishes. And each will have a customer, the
hard bit is finding them. I know those who like light coloured woods as
they are different ( Ash . Holly) and others who like dark (Rosewood,
Acacia) some perfectly smooth and others with lots of coarse grain

If their was a magical formula you can have your pens, I would be
patenting the formula and selling that
--
John