Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Let's see the ATF regulate THIS

Joe wrote:

Every year when I taught Shop I'd gather my students out back in the
compound and show them what happens when sawdust is puffed up (air
through a hose) under a large can with a lighted candle present. I
guess it was just magic that blew the can 50' up in the air?

Sorry, but Leon's right. To prove it, the whole contraption is
metal, it's clearly touching the ground, so it's obviously grounded.
Therefore it's *impossible* to ignite anything with it.

nice post-production work, it almost looks real.

Dust is dangerous. It is so dangerous, that the government even studies
vacuum cleaners!

"This appendix has been prepared to give some guidance on the selection and
use of vacuum cleaners for the removal and collection of [dust]. It may also
be considered as outline guidance for other low combustibility solids. It
.... gives guidance on the features commonly available on domestic,
commercial and industrial vacuum cleaners, and the effect that these may
have on selection."

http://www.hse.gov.uk/food/dustexplosionapp1.htm

Be careful, or you'll end up with a Hoover Mover.