Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Removing a floorboard

Miles wrote:
Hi,

I need to take up some floorboards to get at a pipe that runs underneath.

However, I've found that the far end of the board runs under a partition
wall. Under the partition wall is a joist, and the board is nailed to
the joist. The bottom of the partition wall may also be nailed into the
board: I can't tell at the moment.

Any ideas how I can get the end of the board out? Is there a specific
saw I can use to cut through the nail, and that's thin enough to get
into the (non-existent) gap between board and joist.

Thanks

Miles

It might be easier to cut the board short of the joist and fix a batten
to it to support the board when you put it back. Depends how far under
the wall the joist is.