Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green U Turn on Nuclear.

Calvin wrote:
On 23 Feb, 19:21, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...uclear-power-y...

At last some sense.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

In general I agree *but* uranium ore is not an infinite resource
either. If we all switch from burning long dead trees to nuclear we
are simply buying some decades before we face the same problem again.
Not that renewables are a simple answer either as we'd need country
sized solutions based on wind or wave or whatever to supply our ever
increasing energy demand. Really we need to address our energy usage.

Fission is the stopgap to fusion, or to a 90% loss in world population.

Renewables will never work cost effectively..energy density is way to low.