Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default Multi-posting sucks

Peter Hucker wrote:

That said, cross-posting without using a "Follow-up To:" flag

I frown upon followup to flags. They make things go where you don't expect
them to. I've therefore set a killfile rule for any such posts.

Besides, if you want replies to your post to go to group X, then why didn't
you post it there in the first place?

Me? I don't crosspost. I assume the crossposter *did* include "group X" in
his/her crosspost. Using "Follow-up to:" just directs all replies (including
flames and bogus advice) to just the one group instead of ALL of the infected
groups.

provides a conduit for off topic flame wars to escalate in several
groups, with all groups tied together for the duration of the war.
Nothing like a 100 post off-topic thread permeating several groups
instead of just the one.

"Ignore thread", it ain't rocket science.

And throw out the legitimate replies along with the garbage. How intelligent.

More likely you're just a
non-social person who can't stand the idea of more then 4 people having a
conversation.

Since when does a long running OT thread remotely resemble a conversation?