Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best portable table saw

On 2/23/2009 10:56 AM Aaron Fude spake thus:

I don't mean to start a huge debate here, but I'm looking for a good
table saw to make furniture. My limitation is that I get half a garage
so I'm limited to a saw that can roll away. I think that pretty much
narrows it down to a few saws. Among those, which would you recommend
to an amatuer but serious furniture maker.

I just got back from my favorite recycled-goods store where I saw the
perfect saw for you: a Rockwell 10" contractor's saw, basically the big
brother to my saw, with a 1-1/2 horse motor. With fence and miter gauge
(metal yet, better than my plastic one), all for $120. Fence needs a
little work, but mine did too.

You don't happen to be anywhere near Berkeley, do you?

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair