Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best portable table saw

On 2/23/2009 12:10 PM Pete C. spake thus:

As an additional note, I'd suggest instead of looking to roll the saw
out of the way when you're not cutting you instead make a drop on
worktable top that can rest over the saw and provide an assembly /
finishing table. Let the heavy cabinet saw serve as the central
workspace.

That's an interesting idea worth considering, but it may or may not work
in a particular workshop.

In my case, I need to be able to turn the saw 90°, one way for ripping
long stock, the other way for crosscutting same.

If you're considering using the saw on large panels (plywood, etc.),
that's a whole 'nother ball o'wax.

One other thing to consider: get a good roller stand so you can support
long pieces.

Lots of ways to arrange one's workspace. And a saw table does make a
nice work surface.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair