Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default No Time Left For VCRs?

In article , UCLAN wrote:
krw wrote:

Today, VHS seems such a crude low-res media to use but I realize some
priceless footage may have been shot or saved in that limited format.
The only good answer is buy a VCR if what you have is worth the cost,
just to convert it digitally, and move on.

Great plan, but there are titles that are still only (have ever
been) available on VHS.

Plus, Panasonic's new DMP-BD70V will upconvert VHS to 1080p via HDMI.

Thats interesting. One thing I have been looking into
is converting HDTV to my standard NTSC video input on my Toshiba 36 inch tube TV.
The TV had a great picture and it was more than capable of reproducing
standard definition broadcast and room to spare.

greg