Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Waste permits/regulations for tradespeople?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:07:34 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'd very much like to offer it as a service to clients, but apart from
not wanting to get a permit, they won't let my van into the normal tip
because (a) its a van

Vans are banned from our "Household Waste Recycling Centre" unless the
owner has a permit then they can use it. Similarly twin axle (or more)
trailers or trailers over 3m overall length are banned without a permit.

& (b) it won't fit under the height barrier.

IIRC you don't have a particulary tall van, a Berlingo? Seems that I
wouldn't get into your tip in my car (6'6" clearance required).

And according to the councils website we don't have a commercial or
trade tip.

Seems a bit odd. What does the site say about waste transfer licences?
Where can a licence holder transfer the waste to?

--
Cheers
Dave.