Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default Cheap alarm clock

Nate Nagel wrote:

My "Sharp" brand "atomic" alarm clock from Target has been flawless
since new. Only issues I have with it are short battery life (it's
powered solely by batteries, have to replace them every couple months
because the display gets hard to read at night) and not very loud alarm
beep. But I can't use an AC powered alarm clock unless the alarm works
when the power is off, and while some may work like that, it's hard to
find documentation that it will in fact function.

nate

I have a couple of "Sharp" brand wall clocks. They have good battery
life, but of course they don't have digital displays and alarms. One
of them keeps good time, almost, right through the DST change. The
other one doesn't. The first one I bought apparently uses the
DST flag on the time signal. However, it has a quirk that in the
morning after a change it will be right, then in the evening it will
again and will stay that way till the next time change. The second
one I bought of the same brand and model has the DST change hard
coded, so it is off an hour during the interim between the new
time change and the old one. I do usually set the time zone to
compensate, but people in Eastern and Pacific time zones just have
to lump it I guess.

Bill