Posted to alt.home.repair
Brent Bolin Brent Bolin is offline

Default Laminate Flooring

On Feb 22, 11:04*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote in message

Where on the Internet can I find a "good" video on installing
laminate flooring?

I have clicked my way through search results for a few hours
and am hoping someone knows of one.

*It's not that difficult to install laminate flooring. *Various
manufacturers have instructions. *I got some very useful tips from the
salesman at a flooring store, not a big box chain store. *The most difficult
part is cutting the stuff as it is harder than wood. *You could check some
home improvement sites like Bob Vila or This Old House as I am sure that I
have seen them install laminate at one time.

This is true. Did mine about 8 years ago. Still looking very good.
All butt joints very tight. I would suggest a good miter saw with a
good blade. Small toothed blade I would add. Without good 90 degree
cuts it's going to look bad.

I would also mention like all flooring you need to have a good base.
It's all in the details.