Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Multi-posting sucks

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:41:51 -0000, UCLAN wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

If you MUST post the *same* question to MULTIPLE groups, put all the
groups on the To line the first time you post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=240748598

No. Please don't.

Give reasoning for your stupid statement.

If it was so stupid, why did it take you 12 days to respond?

Because I have a life outside of newsgroups.

That said,
cross-posting without using a "Follow-up To:" flag

I frown upon followup to flags. They make things go where you don't expect them to. I've therefore set a killfile rule for any such posts.

Besides, if you want replies to your post to go to group X, then why didn't you post it there in the first place?

provides a conduit for
off topic flame wars to escalate in several groups, with all groups tied
together for the duration of the war. Nothing like a 100 post off-topic
thread permeating several groups instead of just the one.

"Ignore thread", it ain't rocket science. More likely you're just a non-social person who can't stand the idea of more then 4 people having a conversation.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.