Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default Teac FD-235GF 3156-u replacement

Baron wrote:

gcd wrote:

"Baron" wrote in message
gcd wrote:

Hi all,
I have an Advantest network analyser that uses a Teac FD-235GF
3156-U floppy
drive. Teac cannot/willnot provide any information on the drive or
a suitable teac replacement. They tell me it's a proprietary drive
and to contact Advantest. Advantest won't help either, the analyser
is past service support life.

Anyone have a collection of NOS or even used FD-235GF 3156-U drives
I can buy ( want around 3-5)

Or - anyone have any info on the teac 235-gf apart from the teac.jp
website glossy and any knowledge of a suitable replacement?

If I can determine what the jumper settings mean perhaps I can find
another drive that would suit. Anyone have a copy of the service
manual for the drive that identifies the jumper settings?

The jumper configuration for the drive as installed in the 3762ah
is per the following list.
A1-B1,B4-C4,B3-C3,D4-E4, F1-G1
D1-D2, E2-E3, G3-G4

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Greg

That could just be a standard PC floppy drive. Teac FD-235's
are/used to
be used in IBM compatible PC's. I'm sure I have some kicking
around. I'll have a look on Monday when I get into work.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Hi Baron,
the PC drives are FD-235 HF not GF as far as I've been able to
identify and the jumper set is different.

For the most part I reckon all I need is to know the jumper matrix
settings, from there I should be able to sort out modifying any
current drive to suit.

However, if you do find some GF drives I would be most interested.

Thanks for the help
Greg

I've made a note about that difference ! I have some weird HP kit
kicking about with 3.5" floppies in them ! Without looking I'm sure
that they are Teac drives. I'll find out tomorrow.

Hi Greg,
I've had a look through a number of bits of HP kit ! They are all Teac
FD-235-HF's I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry about that ! I felt sure that I could help. :-(

--
Best Regards:
Baron.