Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default solar charger for 12v car/leisure battery

Stephen wrote:

I posted this on he camping group but I've had no replies. perhaps
they are all on holiday?

I was advised (on uk diy) that a leisure battery might discharge if
left unused for some time and I was told that a solar charger would
top-up the charge and prevent this. What size solar panel would I
need? Does the output of the panel have to be a certain ration of the
capacity of the battery? If so, what's the magic formula?

BTW can you recommend a good make of leisure battery and any good
suppliers?

You would probably get a few opinions on uk.rec.caravanning

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.