Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default I already had electrical outlets installed prior to sheetrock...

On Feb 22, 5:55*pm, aemeijers wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
1D1OT wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

Ever watch some of these guys work?

Some of the rock teams I've seen are the biggest slobs in any of the
trades. Huge gobs of mud all over the floors. Boxes completely filled
with mud. Breaker boxes splattered to the point that wires have to be
dug out with a screwdriver. Floors not even swept when they leave.
Rock scraps thrown out windows and doors into rain and puddles. The
list goes on...

ya, but they got paid. *why should they change?

In boom times, when the GC has to scramble for crews to meet a schedule,
they can maybe get away with that. In leaner times, a GC can afford to
be picky. If a sub does slob work and doesn't clean up after themselves,
they don't get invited back. In smaller towns, word-of-mouth spreads
fast. Better to pay a little more for quality work, and not have to do a
lot of rework and cleanup before the next trade can get in there.

--
aem, who as a kid was the one sent in to do cleanup, sends...

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

When I replaced the carpet in my house I couldnt believe how much
drywall crud was underneath the carpet. This explained some of the
lumps I felt.

On the other hand when we pulled up the carpet in my in laws home not
only was the concrete floor clean, it was sealed. It looked like a
newly painted garage floor.

Jimmie