Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Laminate flooring question

ransley wrote:
On Feb 22, 10:16 am, Anthony Lisanti wrote:
I'm looking to replace the cheap flooring that's down in my dining
room now. I have a sample from home depot. It's dupont product with
the padding glued to the back.

I had Empire come out and I showed him the sample. He said it wasn't
a good idea to have that backing glued to the back. He recommenced a
separate padding (Vapor barrier) then flooring.

Is there any pros or cons to this? Does it matter?

I got one bid from empire and will never get another, they were double
the price of several regular installers who supplied products, so the
padding is on the piece, what does it matter.

Empire is the modern version of the old door-to-door siding salesman.
They are mainly in the money-lending business- the product is just a
hook to get you in the tent. Same class as rent-to-own stores. Rule of
thumb- never deal with a vendor that offers their own financing, and
pushes it hard. Most of these companies don't really want cash
customers. They want people that can't see beyond the monthly payment.

--
aem sends...