Larry Jaques

Default Images of Greene & Greene project - in progress

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:52:48 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
pixelated:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

That's "nouveau", Owie. shaking head and sighing

Only if'n yer a Frenchie there Jaques. Ya ain't a Frenchie are ya,
Lair-E?

I'm a proud Heinz 57, tendjewberrymosh.

The laser cutting sounds very intriguing - can you give an overview of
the process?

A buddy of mine in San Marcos, CA used a laser to cut his business
cards. Corel Draw 4 and a computer were used and the laser "printed"
the etching or cuts depending upon his needs. Pretty cool. Darrell's
buddy looks to have a newer model.

Is it a big deal to cut the corresponding inlay? (If that's the
direction one wanted to go, of course.) I mean, what's involved in
sizing the inlay for the cutting once you have the outlay(?) Corel-ed
up? Was the price reasonable or kinda a sticking point for personal

It was a kilobuck per watt back then and I think he got a 30w
light saber. He didn't do inlay, just laser carvings and thin
paper-backed-wood cutting for his cards. You'd probably have to
do a cutout on the inlay and a cut-in on the background, varying
the line width in Corel to get a precise cut for each species.

projects (i.e. don't drive no fancy truck, don't live in no McMansion,
don't do an annual vacation * 'cept to the Astoria KOA every year)?

KOA, eh? Like, McDolences, dude. Whatever you do, _don't_ talk to
Barry Meyers this week. ww,nn,kwim?