Posted to uk.d-i-y
zen83237 zen83237 is offline

Default CFL Bulbs Is this costing me money

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:40:45 UTC, "Zen83237" wrote:

Sorry, please read my post again. Who said "OCCASIONAL" flicker. This is
constant flickering.

How often do you get a flicker? And of what duration?

http://www.diybanter.com

It is constant ie all the time it is switched off but only noticable when it
is dark or dusk. The frequency, difficult to say, but certainly many flashes
per second. It doesn't give off anything like enough light to read by but
just switched it off now and I can make out every thing in the room and that
isn't even allowing for my eyes accustomed to the dark.
I should also say that although the light sensitive switches are new in two
rooms the hall way has had one for several years and I never had this
problem until about a year ago which suggests to me that there is something
different about the newer bulbs. The kids managed to smash the bulb and
damage the rose so my first thought was that I rewired the new rose
incorrectly as it started when a new bulb was fitted after the accident.
I wont even go into the toxicity introduced into the house by accidentilly
breaking them.