Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Cheap alarm clock

on 2/22/2009 11:17 AM (ET) Ed Pawlowski wrote the following:
wrote in message

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 09:47:56 -0600, dpb wrote:

I understand they set the time based on the destination for
the clock.

So you're telling me WalMart is buying, keeping inventory straight, and
shipping individual lots of clocks to various time zones?

While possible, seems highly antithetical to cost-cutting ...

I don't know how they handle their distribution. I would think
that the problem you are pointing out would explain why they often
seem to be a time zone or so off.

We have an "atomic clock" at work. It is often off by an hour and right now
it is set for a different time zone so it appears correct. When we go to
DST, who knows what will happen. It has been stable for a couple of months
now, but at times it would make an adjustment and come back an hour off.

Now, if they will make all time keepers with an atomic time feature,
maybe I won't have to go all around the house resetting appliance clocks
after a power outage. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY