Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Need Glue-Up Advice

Reminds me of my first shop as an adult. I was living in a rental house.
The landlord had all his junk stored in our basement and we couldn't set up
our shop. And we had some paying jobs that needed that space. The
landlord's wife liked me. She said if I cleaned it out and moved it to their
present house, it would be an opportunity to go through the junk and toss
what wasn't neded.

Sooooo....., we loaded it all up and hauled out to his house and depositied
it into his large, uncluttered basement. Thus freeing our basement to set
up our shop. The landlord wasn't happy, but we were.

Lee Michaels

My friend's basement is about 2000 sq ft basement, of which about
700-800 feet are in use. I would love to talk him into letting me
setup a shop. He has one room sectioned off that's at least 16" x 16"
with it's own sliding glass doors to the outside. It would be perfect
for a shop. Easy access from outside, a large doorway to get anything
in or out, and he is maybe a mile from my house.

Sadly, things have not turned out for him and his wife as they planned
when they bought the house and I think he has just gotten so depressed
over all that needs to be done that he doesn't care anymore. And I
have even offered to help him clean out the basement, make repairs
(inside and out) and build the deck he's been hoping to build. Believe
it or not, the second floor back doors are just blocked off with
pallets nailed into the house. No stairs or deck. I told him when he
bought the house to consider taking the extra money he could have
gotten in his loan and build the deck right off, but no, and now, 7
yrs later, he just shakes his head figuring it will never get done.
`Casper