Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Air tools at Aldi

wrote:

I saw the ad as well. Just couldn't believe that compressor price,
having paid 280 quid for an 8cfm from Clarke machine tools 20 years
ago (still using it).
Laid me low for months but even then was relatively cheap. God help me
if the Chinese start demanding decent wages

I bought an 11cfm diesel compressor for use on the farm. Again chinese
construction and good vfm. However some of the detail of construction
****ed me off. The engine was not properly aligned with the compressor
hence on first use the belts ran off and I had to spend an afternoon
aligning and tensioning correctly. I also needed to add filters, change
the quick coupling block from the bizarre chinese fitting that didn't
mate with anything that I owned and to fix some minor leaks.

Once done however I did have what I now regard as a decent workhorse.
Shame quality control was non-existent.