Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default I already had electrical outlets installed prior to sheetrock...

On Feb 22, 12:20�am, wrote:
I have a major renovation going on and during framing, plumbing and
electrical rough in I got sick of dragging a 100' extension cord
everywhere and have to use those dim work lights after dark so I went
ahead and install most of the outlets.

Now I am ready to do sheet rock I am wondering if I should remove the
outlets so they don't get damaged during sheet rock installation or
get rolled on later when I paint the walls...or should I just tape
over them and peel the tape off later?

It will be some work to remove these outlets from the boxes and
install them back later, we are talking about 72 outlets. �I also
wonder if I can just unscrew the outlets and stick them into the
electrical box.

I will be hiring out for the sheet rock work, do they typically precut
the wall board for the electrical cutouts? �I think they have to since
I already have the mud rings on, right?

Thanks,

MC

They can router around the box. Shouldn't be a problem. My only advice
is to mark the location of each outlet on the floor because sometimes
they'll sheetrock over them and forget to rout them out.

Hank