Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Watts Pressure Reducer For House Water: One Screw Turn = psi ?

On Feb 21, 7:28*am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Have the typical Watts Pressure reducing valve on the incoming line for my
house water.

It's hard to read the label, but I think it is a model USB Z3
Range is given as 25-75 psi

Town says the incoming line pressure is about 70 psi.
Reducer was set at the factory for an outlet p of 50 psi.

Looked on the Watts site but they seem to have every spec but this one.

Anyone know the scale factor for how much the outlet pressure would be
increased
for, e.g., 1 full turn of the adj. screw ?

Thanks,
Bob

I'm with Steve on this one. Why would you have a regulator when you
have 70 psi from the street. Does it fluctuate to say 100 psi at
times?

How low to you really want to set it?

JK