Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Why I shop at Ace Hardware

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
On 02/21/09 09:52 pm Van Chocstraw wrote:

Good place if you like to pay more. If Walmart don't carry it, Home
Depot does.

If Walmart carries it, it's the cheapest Chinese crap there is. If
Home Depot carries it, you can't find it or get anyone to help you
find it. Ergo: Ace.

A lot of Chinese crap is much better than American crap. And Americans
make plenty of crap lately.

And a lot of the stuff with famous US brand names is now China-made crap
too -- but double or more the price at local stores (maybe including Ace)
compared to Lowe's and HD.

Perce

That's why I chuckle everytime these threads come around bashing Walmart ,
Homedepot and Lowes ...But they get that warm fuzzy feeling like they are
doing something important by throwing money away in small so called mom&pops
, so to them I guess it's worth it..LOL...