Ed Rear

Default Washing machine plumbing

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Ed Rear" wrote in message
Thanks for your replies guys.I didn't know about the problem of sludge.

Big
Wallop - thanks for your input, but it is definitely not a combi. The

hot
water from the tank is a 22mm pipe. Running parallel are three 15mm

pipes,
cold mains and 2 for the rads. I reckon the berk who plumbed it in felt

the
hot 15mm pipe and thought it was the hot supply. I'm going to see if I

can
get a "y" piece today and connect both pipes to the cold. Thanks again,

I've
learnt such a lot from this newsgroup.
Ed

LOL !

I wonder if he's the same guy that tried to get his gas cooker to work off
the mains cold water feed ?

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

I wouldn't be surprised if it was! The kitchen had been "refurbished" prior
to the sale, and it's a really rough job. The kitchen is quite small so it
won't cost a great deal to rip it out and put in some decent units, but
that's for a later date. I managed to get a "y" adapter today and fitted it
so should be no more trouble there. As for the radiators, yes, some of them
are cold at the bottom and hot at the top, so I take it that means sludge
and they will have to be taken out and flushed. I have read in the FAQ how
to do that. If they have rusted inside will I be able to tell from the gunge
that comes out, and is the damage likely to cause further problems? We hope
to change the boiler shortly to a combi, so I hope it will be ok to leave
the flushing till then.
Ed