Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,aus.electronics
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default Teac FD-235GF 3156-u replacement

gcd wrote:

Hi all,
I have an Advantest network analyser that uses a Teac FD-235GF 3156-U
floppy
drive. Teac cannot/willnot provide any information on the drive or a
suitable teac replacement. They tell me it's a proprietary drive and
to contact Advantest. Advantest won't help either, the analyser is
past service support life.

Anyone have a collection of NOS or even used FD-235GF 3156-U drives I
can buy ( want around 3-5)

Or - anyone have any info on the teac 235-gf apart from the teac.jp
website glossy and any knowledge of a suitable replacement?

If I can determine what the jumper settings mean perhaps I can find
another drive that would suit. Anyone have a copy of the service
manual for the drive that identifies the jumper settings?

The jumper configuration for the drive as installed in the 3762ah is
per the following list.
A1-B1,B4-C4,B3-C3,D4-E4, F1-G1
D1-D2, E2-E3, G3-G4

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Greg

That could just be a standard PC floppy drive. Teac FD-235's are/used to
be used in IBM compatible PC's. I'm sure I have some kicking around.
I'll have a look on Monday when I get into work.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.