Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Air tools at Aldi

Dave wrote:

Looks an interesting deal. Great horsepower at 2.5HP and the flowrate of
270L/m or 9.5cfm sounds really good too. Plenty of useful tools including a
spray gun.

I would agree that its not a bad price assuming it matches the spec,
however some things don't add up there. The site mentions a 1.5kW (well
it says 1.5W but I expect that is a typo), which would make the motor
power 2hp and not 2.5.

9.5 cfm also sounds rather large as well for that size of motor and a
single piston compressor. (and worth bearing in mind that the air
displacement is not the same as the free air delivery).

Pity about the small tank though.
Question is, would a 24L tank be enough to spray something like an average
car bonnet in one go? or would it be limited to such as a wing?

Depends on how big a sprayer you are using I suppose - the smaller
"touch up" guns use less air than the larger ones and will run for a
reasonable time on a smaller compressor.

Got to admit that I'm tempted at that price.

I think if spraying were my thing, then I would be looking at something
bigger.

--
Cheers,

John.