Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default What brand top loading washer is most reliable

"Joe" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 11:22 am, Ignoramus19266 ignoramus19...@NOSPAM.
19266.invalid wrote:

Your first place to start research is Consumer Reports. Their reports
are factual, what you glean from the newsgroups is anecdotal. Your
call on which to place the most value.

Joe

I bought a Frigidair washer and dryer based upon Consumer Reports. The
washer and dryer were crap. I no longer read Consumer Reports.

When my direct-drive Kenmore washer quit working we talked to Sears and was
told that only the front-load machines now are direct-drive (I haven't
looked inside them, this is just what we were told). The top-loaders are
all belt-drive. This sounds like crap to me but when you add the plastic
gearbox and the short warranty it sounds like a bad deal to me. We were
looking at the lower priced models (under $500) so maybe the more expensive
ones are better. I decided to fix my old washer. I turned out to be easy
to repair (once I figured out what was wrong) and the parts are fairly easy
to find for a resonable price.