Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default UPS battery replacement schedule

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 02:48:54 -0000, rebel wrote:

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:32:01 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 03:30:03 -0000, Warren Post wrote:

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:41:26 +0000, Peter Hucker wrote:

Is this a sealed lead acid? I've never seen one of those swell.

Yes, it is. It is so swollen it was quite a challenge to remove it from
the UPS.

I wasn't aware those type of batteries swelled up under corect usage. Maybe the UPS is faulty and overcharging it?

The main cause of small (home and SOHO) UPS failure is barttery failure. The
main cause of battery failure in small (home and SOHO) UPS is overcharge.

(They nearly all overcharge.)

The only failure I've seen in small and large UPSs is a drastically reduced battery capacity.

The state of Texas has executed yet another inmate. But Unforeseen legal issues have arisen. The state has killed so many people this year, it must now register as a tobacco company.