Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®[_2_] Proctologically Violated©®[_2_] is offline

Default Energy Rant: Competition *doubles* prices????

"ATP*" wrote in message

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 8:34 pm, "ATP*" wrote:

I doubt it's coming, but can you explain why you think it's a bad idea?

I'm carbon and carbon-tax neutral. If you think it's a good idea you
could contribute your fair share voluntarily now,

I think some of the "offsets" are just BS or stuff that would have
happened anyway, so I'm not too excited about a universal carbon tax. I
think we should institute a fuel tax on oil to bring it up to a level that
will encourage conservation and lessen dependence on foreign oil (but not
in the middle of this recession). We should also reform the road taxes to
make diesel more attractive than gasoline. I'd like to get something with
a clean diesel like the VW TDI, but it doesn't make economic sense when
diesel is $2.60 and gasoline is $2.00.

I could never really understand how something lower in the fractionating
column could cost more.

It's like brown rice costs more than white rice, but it's less processed.

Go figger.

At one time, iirc, diesel used to be cheaper than gas, at least for a while.

--

Mr. PV'd

Hey, Big Boy, is that a wad (of cash) in yer pocket, or are you just
glad to see me??