Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default Energy Rant: Competition *doubles* prices????

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 8:34 pm, "ATP*" wrote:

I doubt it's coming, but can you explain why you think it's a bad idea?

I'm carbon and carbon-tax neutral. If you think it's a good idea you
could contribute your fair share voluntarily now,

I think some of the "offsets" are just BS or stuff that would have happened
anyway, so I'm not too excited about a universal carbon tax. I think we
should institute a fuel tax on oil to bring it up to a level that will
encourage conservation and lessen dependence on foreign oil (but not in the
middle of this recession). We should also reform the road taxes to make
diesel more attractive than gasoline. I'd like to get something with a clean
diesel like the VW TDI, but it doesn't make economic sense when diesel is
$2.60 and gasoline is $2.00.