Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Republican Recession will be worst since 1930s

wrote in message
On Feb 19, 3:23 am, F. George McDuffee gmcduf...@mcduffee-
associates.us wrote:
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:38:46 -0600, "Libby wrote:

snip Answering a question after his speech on whether he would have

done
anything differently during his tenure as Federal Reserve chairman to
try and prevent the housing bubble, Greenspan said, "I think it would
be desirable to find a way to suppress asset bubbles.

"But I am skeptical that it can be done."

snip
So the answer is to do nothing and watch the economy be driven
over the cliff????
-------------
"

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

Greenspan may have been skeptical of Congress passing any legislation
to suppress asset bubbles. The housing bubble was at least in part
due to Congress trying to increase the numbers of poor that owned
houses.

Dan

Who told you that? Because it's completely wrong. Most of the troubled
housing is from homes bought between 2004 and 2006 and most of them have
nothing to do with poor people who bought houses at the urging of congress.
Why don't you at least try to find out the facts instead of repeating what
someone else said? And why say something someone else said when you have no
idea if it's true or not? You are a pinhead.

Hawke