Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] aaronsuperguy@yahoo.com is offline

Default Whirlpool Water Heater Conversion Kit

A plumber came out today and fixed it. He took out the assembly undid
some things and redid them. He did not see anything wrong with my
work. He did find a piece of lint in the bottom of the water heater,
and he seems to think that caused my problem. He said if even a small
piece of lint gets in there it will cause the entire water heater to
stop working. When I was working on the water heater I took a vacuum
and cleaned out the compartment. He said I need to get a small mirror
to check everywhere in the compartment to make sure I get every single
peice of lint. I really do not get how a small piece of lint would
keep my pilot from staying lit. He did fix the water heater, so I
will be very happy to have my first hot shower in 10 days.