Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Odd door size

On Feb 20, 1:05�pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:55�am, "desgnr" wrote:

In my basement with a low ceiling the door opening is only 75" high.
What do you reccomend for new replacement doors ?

I had the same issue in my basement.

For the exterior door, I bought a foam filled flat-panel steel door,
put a metal cutting blade in my circular saw and cut off a few inches
from the top. The door opens in, so I just sealed the exposed foam
with a thick coat of polyurethane. It's been that way for over 20
years with never a problem. The storm door I ordered custom to fit.

For the bathroom remodel, I bought a pre-hung 6-panel pine door and
cut a small amount off of the top and bottom to keep the stile
proportions the same. Yes, the doorknob is a inch or so lower than
"standard" but it's no big deal.

For the door to my shop, I bought a hollow core door, cut the top off
and inserted a new piece of square stock to replace the one I cut off.

Ahh the proper correct solution raisde the cieling