Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Water Heater Conversion Kit

On Feb 19, 9:06*pm, wrote:
Update:

I got the thermostat from Whirlpool. *I installed it and finished the
project. *Everything looked just like the picture and I read the
directions several times making sure I did not miss anything. *At this
point I was very confident and feeling a little proud of myself. *I
light the pilot and I see the light through the window. *Then I let go
of the red button and the pilot light goes out.

Are you holding down the valve button long enough? They can take a
min or more before you can release it. And a min seems like 5 when
you're kneeling in some tough spot.

*I now have replaced
every gas part on this water heater and I still have the same
problem. *I give up.
I called my home owners warrenty company that was bought by the
previous owner of the house when I purchased it. *I regret not calling
them first. *I called Whirlpool first thinking they would stick by
their product. *I slipped up on one phone call and mentioned I was the
second home owner and after that they told me the warrenty was void
and they did not want to work with me after that.