Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Energy Rant: Competition *doubles* prices????

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote:

Awl --

Looked at my gas bill(s) (natural gas, from ConEd, or, more affectionately,
Conned), and my knees buckled -- not just from the cost, but from the effing
irony of it all.... if I have perceived correckly....

Here's the deal:

I am regularly pounded with pitches from "other energy suppliers", and
figgered, Oh Goody, they must be keeping Conned at least somewhat in check.
NOT.

What appears to be happening is that now the bill is divided into two
portions: The charge for the gas itself, and now, a charge for DELIVERING
the effing gas!!

Which is almost as much as the gas itself!!!! No foolin....

That is called 'Infrastructure' It costs real money to build and maintain.

I'm just realizing this now, cuz Le Wife takes care of the bills, and I
haven't seen a gas bill in about 10 years.

So it seems to me, Conned said, OK, Competition??
Fine.
NOW, we'll just tack on charges for using our own proprietary
*infrastructure*.

Ass, Grass, or cash, nobody rides for free.

IOW, Yeah, you can buy your gas from another energy mutha****a, but NOW you
gotta STILL pay us to allow them to use our pipes'n'****....

And pay you will!!!!!

Do I have it right? Is this what happened?
""Competition"" was enabled, and the effing price consequently
*doubled*????? goodgawd.....

Well as the enviro types ban coal fired plants in favor of NG you are going to experience
the results of supply and demand.

I called Conned, asked for a VP to call me back. I said to the very nice
lady,
Look, I know Conned paid a bunch of Pols to allow this to happen. I
just want to know the names of these Pols....

Majority members of Congress.

Wes