Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default reciprocating/sabre saw recommendations?

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:16:07 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Too be fair I would not expect batteries to last long, they are an high
current application very different from a battery drill.

Thanks for the replies. I was asking about battery powered ones simply
because the Wickes web site says they are selling a battery one,
however reading the small print you only buy the shell and have to buy
the battery and charger separately, so I assume that doubles the
price. Previously Wickes' tools had a good reputation. Who is making
them this year? The old Kress range seems to have gone and the new
range is cut back.

Why should a saw be different to a drill? Is it run time or is it
current? Portability of battery powered tools is nice, especially as
these seem to be used when no other saw can reach or get to the job.