Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default who is the "water undertaker"

Bob Mannix wrote:
"RobertL" wrote in message

In my copy of the WRAS Water Regulations Guide it menitions the
"water undertaker" a lot but does not seem to identify who this is.
You have to inform the "water undertaker" for example if you install
something from a list of items that includes, for example, a water
softener.

i don't think the "water undertaker" is the local building control
becuase things liek installing a combi boiler does not have to be
informed to the undertaker and I think it does to BC.

It is the entity that undertakes to supply you with water (and remove
your sewage, usually) in return for your water bill payments.

Not to be confused with the Utility Infrastructure Facilities Provider - who
dig holes for the above.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk