Andrew Barss

Default Why right tilt / left tilt?

V.E. Dorn wrote:
: In short, those who rip thin strips or rip at a angle in general would
: prefer a left tilt so the blade is turning away from you. Some argue that
: it helps keep the workpiece tight to the fence as well. Right tilts are
: nice if you do alot of dadoing because your fence distance remains the same.
: I'm buying a new saw shortly and to be honest, I'm not stuck on either.

One advantage of a left tile is that the cabinet access door is also to the
left. This lets you build a large cabinet under the right extension
table.

-- Andy Barss