Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Anybody know a good way to get this faucet apart?

I doubt its a moen but thought I would mention that a bunch of moen faucets
built 6 or 7 years ago were defective and started leaking under the sink.
Moen will send you a kit to rebuild it (not just a new cartridge) or sell
you the new model at a deep discount. The defect involved a anti siphoning
mechansim that was required for a short time before the gov gave up on it,

"rev" wrote in message
My kitchen faucet is dripping. Makes me crazy. I cant figure out how
to get at the washer to replace it.

Here are a couple photos:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3543/...ab9af3.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3628/...a2f06e.jpg?v=0

The cowling doesnt have any obvious screws, but there may be some
under that inset (where the logo is, just above the lever.)

I dont know whether to try to pry off the the inset, or try to pry off
the whole cowling.

Any ideas?

Thanks, gang!