Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.comp.sys.laptops
David David is offline

Default laptop power fault: compaq presario C300EA

"Conor" wrote in message
In article
39, bz
says...

wrote in
:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5075/topsmfz3.jpg

Two light tan, near left bottom corner, ~1/4 distance to
top edge and ~1/8
distance to right edge, with brown polarity bands,
opposite polarity, bands
out.

Without part numbers, it's meaningless.

I see at least 3 on the bottom view, one near the top
edge center and two
near the bottom edge center, partially hidden by a wiring
bundle.

Any cap over 10 uF will probably be electrolytic.

Wrong.

--
Conor

Actually most laptops use tantalum polarized capacitors
which are a type of electrolytic capacitor. What they avoid
are the more common aluminum electrolytic capacitors.
Ceramics are available in low voltages at quite high
capacitance values, but I have yet to see one over 10 uF.

David