Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Cat **** on wood floor

On Feb 16, 5:16*pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:46:16 -0800 (PST), wrote:
On Feb 16, 12:22?pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 04:40:56 -0800 (PST), ransley wrote:
On Feb 16, 6:30?am, "HeyBub" wrote:
ransley wrote:
A tenant had a cat and the apt stinks, the wood floor was redone
before he moved in but I am worried it went inbetween the planks. What
do I wash it with. I have heard of Natures Miracle an Enzime base
deoderizer, would an Enzime base laundry detergent help. They were
only there 6 months but the smell has to go.

If all else fails, you can buy or rent an Ozone generator, and not a
namby-pamby one either.

At the risk of sounding too graphic, these are the devices used to sanitize
a house where several bodies have been left to decompose for extended
periods.

Makes the house smell as sweet as a day after a spring shower.
Cat **** is alkaline - amonia right? Maybe Vinegar an acid is a
neutraliser? Like skunk is cleaned with tomatoe juice an acid. He was
only there 6 mo and floors look good as they were refinished in 07, im
thinking of pouring-mop on a few gallons of vinegar to soak in the
seams. Does ozone actualy get rid of smell permanently.

The PH isn't the problem. ?The problem is that a male cat in the process
of spraying is little different than having a skunk in the house.

All that can be done with the flooring is seal it, replace it, or torch it.
Nothing will get the odor out.- Hide quoted text -

very well said the odor cant be removed just sealed in the wood or
walls permanetely
this said having a pet friendly rental can get you faster rentals with
better credit.
just put protections in lease to minimize pet damage and perhaps
charge extra to have a pet.....

If I rented out a place, I would not allow cats unless the owner
provided documentation that there were no unneutered male cats.

And I'm the opposite of an anti-cat bigot. *I'm a cat person having
lived with the critters for 25 years. *I also know that nothing will
remove the odor left behind from a spraying male cat short of floor
replacement or sealing (replace carpeting, paint over affected plywood, etc)- Hide quoted text -

I think they ran out of cat litter on purpose, I cant smell it now but
a friend can, I threw the guy out for theft of my equipment so he was
****ed, for all I know he ****ed on floor.