Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default source for oilite bushing?

wrote:
I figured. Problem is, lack of machine tools Do you think the
finish from just running a 15/32 drill bit through it would be too
horrible? I am tempted to do just that. Would it tear up my bits or
does it drill OK?

nate

It will drill oversize.

How far oversize? 1/64" or more? I have a complete index. I did pick
up some 1/2" and 7/16" bushings and they fit just like I expected (1/2"
sloppy, 7/16" no go)

Again, this is a nasty cheap hack to make something destined for the
junkpile functional again. I'm probably going to try drilling the 7/16"
bushings and will report success or dismal failure

thanks

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.