Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Delta Scroll Saw Hold Down-work tends to jump

First let me say that I am not being a smart ass, as I have made
this mistake myself a few times, make sure the blade is not installed
upside down, it is easy to do with the small teeth of a scroll saw blade.

Second, if the work is really jumping you ma just need to switch to
a blade with more tpi.

The hold downs on scroll saws are just not that effective, they are more
of a safety device to keep your fingers away from the blade. With practice
you will be able to feed at the proper rate and angle to keep the work from
jumping (most of the time...)