Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Story Buried by Liberal Media....SOME metal content

On Feb 17, 4:33*pm, " wrote:
On Feb 17, 3:02 pm, RangersSuck wrote:

On Feb 17, 8:52 am, " wrote:

On Feb 16, 10:35 pm, RangersSuck wrote:

The robber would have been at very close range. *More likely Moulton
fired one round to try to frighten the robber into not running.
Newspapers are not always super accurate. *The reporter probably did
not talk to Moulton. *If the reporter had talked to Moulton, there
would likely have been at least one quoted remark.

Dan

You can't possibly know all of that (except for "Newspapers are not
always super accurate.").

You really need to learn to read with comprehension. *The robber would
have been at close range because the story said it took place in the
drveway of the security store.

I said " more likely " *because if Moulton had wanted to shoot *the
robber, he probably would have fired more than one shot.

I did not say that the reporter did not talk to Moulton, I said
"probably". * And then gave one reason why that might be true.
Another reason would be that the reporter was probably not on the
scene within half an hour of the incident, and Moulton is likely to
have left the scene by the time the reporter arrived.

It is possible that Moulton did try to shoot an unarmed man in the
back. *But as Eliot said anyone with a permit to carry should know
better.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

OK, I have my guesses and you have yours. But take a look at google
maps street view of that address. Their "driveway" appears to be a
block long. This is not a driveway like the one next to a house, but
one that runs in front of a strip of office buildings along a major
road.

And yes, the entire point of my post was that Moulton should have
known better. Maybe he fired one shot, missed, and then realized that
this was not a good idea.

For the record, I'm not entirely against owning guns. I am a former
NRA member (didn't quit over issues, just lost interest), but lines
have to be drawn somewhere. Shooting an unarmed man in the back would
certainly be a good place to draw such a line.

I did not google the address but did google Everol Moulton. *And found
several more accounts of the incident. *None of which agreed exactly
with the one posted. * *One said Moulton fired a shot, while the
robber was armed. *So I think we are left with newspaper articles are
an approximation of what happened. *And we agree that shooting a
unarmed man in the back is a bad idea.

Newspaper articles are ALWAYS an approximation - when google news
first started, it was interesting to read the same story as covered by
different papers. It seems, though, that recently things have become
more homogeneous.

You and I agree that shooting an unarmed man in the back is a bad
idea. Gunner, on the other hand, appears to think it's OK, as long as
there's a good backstop to keep bystanders safe. Sheesh.

RS