Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default water meter - saving water

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , chris French
writes
lots of good tips.

Thanks Chris and to everyone else, I guess it will be true that you are
paranoid for about three months and thereafter just learn to use it as
best you can.

Most estimates for the future usage don't come anywhere as high as the
current bills based on the rateable value.

Janet

I just have a nasty feeling about these experiences. Looks as if the
charges are set such that most people would benefit by changing to
metered supply. But, when most people are on metered supplies, the
companies will have to raise the costs in order to maintain their
incomes. So it looks as if the current rates are being used as an
inducement and likely cannot be sustained long term.

Cynical? Moi?

--
Rod

onset.