Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Septic tank install - why $5K

On Feb 18, 7:21*am, ransley wrote:
On Feb 17, 7:33*pm, " wrote:

I looked around and found that guys with hoes in my area all take
about $5K USD for installation of a 1000 gallon septic tank w. leech
field and this does NOT include the percolation report. * The tank
itself costs about a grand $1K, so let's deduct that. * The job takes
about 1-2 days. * Let's say 2 days = 16 hours. * $4K comes out to $250/
hour. * That does not sound right. * I am sure competitors would bring
the price down. * In that case my question is what other costs are
involved? * Someone told me transporting the material on-site and
gravel costs need to be considered. * Can somebody break down where
does the $5 actually get distributed for a typical installation of a
septic tank with a leech field?

What they charge is justified, bidding is what you need.

In this economic environment, there should be plenty of contractors
that are taking work at slim or even zero margin. I'd focus on
getting 3 or 4 quotes from reliable contractors and see how aggressive
they are for business.