Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Septic tank install - why $5K

wrote:
$5K ain't a bad deal, IMO.

Thanks all for input. Let me see what we have so far:

My neighbor wants to do this, and he gave me a price of $5K which
seems to be market rate around my parts.

He has a dump truck but it will not be needed because the extra dirt
will just be tossed somewhere out there. We live in an area of
ranches.

The 1000 gallon tank costs $1000

Say gravel and leech pipes and any other misc materials will run
another $600.

Let's say he hires a buddy and pays the guy $150-200/day=$400. This
guy does not run a business with full time permanent workers by the
way.

http://www.sunbeltrentals.com The hoe he owns costs $830/week to
rent, let's add $200 for gas = $1K

$5K
-$1K 1000 gallon tank
-$1K misc materials and buddy labor
-$1K equipment
---
$2K for 2 days = $1000/day for operating hoe + know-how

Am I off?

You forgot the mortgage payment on the Aspen vacation condo - same building
as your doctor and lawyer - and on the boat in the Carribean.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...