Posted to alt.home.repair
RF RF is offline

Default Deck stain - Behr Semi-Transparent Stain with Nanoguard

rollo wrote:
rollo had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...rd-237778-.htm
:
Another 2 cents:

Here is a rule of thumb "You see a Bear in the woods, you stay still until
it
heads off, then run. You see a Behr in Home Depot, you just run..."

As a contractor, 99 out of 100 contractors will tell you the same thing
about
Behr, in particular their deck stains/finishes. It really doesn't matter
what
kind of Behr it is, paint, stain, cleaner... just leave it alone and go to
another store.

Each project has different consideration. I usually use Penofin or Cabot
and
have reasonable success and the expectations are not unrealistic as will
some
other products.

Roland Decks

This is a load of propaganda.

First, semi transparent stains are a total waste
of time and money, no matter what company makes
them.

The only stains that are durable are the opaque
stains.

If you want to see what paints and stains can do,
I suggest visiting your local library and looking
up Consumer reports for March 2008 page 34 and 35
- this is on interior paints.

Next, in Consumer Reports June 2008 page 40 and
41 - this is on external paints and stains.

You will see that BEHR paints and stains are, on
average, as good as any other paints.