Posted to alt.home.repair
rollo rollo is offline

Default Deck stain - Behr Semi-Transparent Stain with Nanoguard

rollo had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...rd-237778-.htm
:
Another 2 cents:

Here is a rule of thumb "You see a Bear in the woods, you stay still until
it
heads off, then run. You see a Behr in Home Depot, you just run..."

As a contractor, 99 out of 100 contractors will tell you the same thing
about
Behr, in particular their deck stains/finishes. It really doesn't matter
what
kind of Behr it is, paint, stain, cleaner... just leave it alone and go to
another store.

Each project has different consideration. I usually use Penofin or Cabot
and
have reasonable success and the expectations are not unrealistic as will
some
other products.

Roland Decks
-------------------------------------
Toller wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

The local Home Depot is carrying a deck semi transparent stain - Behr
"Premium Semi-Transparent Weatherproofing Deck, Fence & Siding
Stain".
The product info is at

http://www.behr.com/behrx/act/view/products_detail?

prodGroupId=133&catName=Wood+Stains&catId=12This
product is offering the longest time warranty of all the
semi-transparent stains
at the stores in my area - 6 years for horizontalsurfaces and 8 years
for
vertical surfaces.The product description states that this is a "A
semi-transparentstain featuring NANOGUARDŽ technology provides ultimate
durabilitywith water clean-up. This urethane-fortified penetrating
formula..."Does anyone have experience with this in terms of
longevity and
howwell it will wear? I have a moderate sized deck that is in full sun
10AM to
6PM.-----Then you should be in good shape. The killer is shade that
stays
wet.What does the warranty cover? They will replace the stain if your
deckdisappears in 6 years and you can PROVE it was applied properly?